Pharmaceutics is the discipline of pharmacy that deals with the process of turning a new chemical entity (NCE) or old drugs into a medication to be used safely and effectively by patients. It is also called the science of dosage form design. There are many chemicals with pharmacological properties, but need special measures to help them achieve therapeutically relevant amounts at their sites of action. Pharmaceutics helps relate the formulation of drugs to their delivery and disposition in the body.
The aim is to provide an introduction to production methods, technology and quality systems that are used in the production of pharmaceutical forms with requirements for sterility. The course also provides knowledge about the production and treatment with radioactive drugs.
- Promotion of human health through safe, efficacious and affordable pharmaceutical interventions.
- Become excellent Pharmacists in the area of Pharmaceutical Compounding and Drug Development.
- Be aware of the immunological basis of disease and understand immunotherapy as an aspect of Pharmaceutical science.
- Contribute to the pursuit of knowledge by contributing meaningfully in the area of pharmaceutical research.
- To provide good exposure to various sophisticated instrumentation techniques for novel drug delivery system development.
Strengths of department:
- The Department of Pharmaceutics has well equipped laboratories, Instruments like Brookfield viscometer, tablet preparation and coating instruments, automated tablet punching machine, tablet coating machines and adequate facilities for research activities.
- The Pharmaceutical Sciences Summer training Program provides research opportunities for talented undergraduate students.
- The Department of Pharmaceutics conducts research and training in precision medicine that is targeted towards improving patient therapy by maximizing drug efficacy while minimizing drug toxicity.
- Mathematical modeling and simulation techniques are applied to the data to individualize the right dose and drug delivery system for the patient.
- To develop professional competence and skills hands on training on stability analysis, Granulation, tablet punching machine, tablet coating machine, capsule filling machine has been provided.
- Our faculties have extensive experience in industry, research as well as teaching. Our strength is a reflection of their skill, innovation and drive.
- In research and development: As a scientist in formulation & development department for development of highly efficacious and appealing different drug delivery system.
- In technology transfer from R&D department to manufacturing unit.
- In production department of manufacturing units of pharmaceuticals.
- In Cosmetic Industry: Preformulation study, Formulation of new cosmetics product and stability analysis.
- Pharmacokinetics study: study the ADEK profile and the toxicity profile of new API and formulation.